Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Follow Up: Rarely Asked Questions
Jul 2, 2011

Hello Dr. frascino! Firstly, i will thank you for the answer-it helps me to know what risks carry rimjos. And, i m afraid. I read just in internet about intestinal parasites-really scarry , terrible... I forgot to mention, that i didnt rime the girl with whole tong in her a...., but only licked... Can you tell me, what kind of parasitosis i can now expect? Giardia, Entamoeba (i read about this in internet, i dont know how common it is after rimming actions, just read about incidenec after contaminated food and water...), or nematoda(i hope the term is correct) ? I m just scared more than before. Is there a minimal infection dosage or is it enough to lick someones anal region (outside of anus) to get this microorganisms? What would you do if you were in my position (i m since 25 yers type one diabetics)? For tests , it is too early , or not? Please , i need you now. I m totaly confused and afraid. I will you also donate 200 EUR for your previous answwer and for reading this message. I thank you and good bless you always. BEST WISHES , Robert

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello.

The odds are that you didn't contract any parasites. I mentioned it only as a possibility, not as a certainty. As for the type of parasite someone could contract from rimming, that would depend entirely on the type of parasite(s) your partner had. The risk for acquiring these creepy critters results from ingesting fecal material from someone who is infected. If your partner wasn't infected (which is likely) or if you didn't ingest any fecal material, you would not be at risk for these STDs.

Your type 1 diabetes has absolutely nothing to do with acquiring or not acquiring STDs from rimming. The only reason to consider testing would be if you developed symptoms, such as significant diarrhea. In that case a stool specimen could be examined.

Don't be confused or afraid. The statistical odds are all in your favor that you did not acquire an STD from this episode.

Thank you for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck/good-health karma that you are well and did not acquire any STDs from your sexual exploits.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Rarely asked Questions Jul 1, 2011

Previous
aids
Next
Please Help!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.