The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Rarely asked Questions

Jul 1, 2011

Hello Dr. Frascino !

I may have some rarely / or newer/ asked questions about rimming. I have try it out with a female sex worker (in Vienna) and i m for long time diabetes mellitus (type one) patient. I wanted to ask you if it is now possible that i contracted something like typhoid Salmonella (i know it is serious infection) or shigella? What can i do, should i go to doctor and ask for antibiotics? I worry about it, cause i have bed health. What would you suggest?

Best regards from Vienna


Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello, Robert.

Actually questions about rimming are quite common! See link below for a small sample of what can be found in the archives.

It is possible to contract a variety of illnesses from rimming without a barrier. These would include hepatitis A, intestinal parasites (multiple types) and herpes, among others. If you are having any symptoms or just want to be screened, you should see your doctor or visit your local STD clinic. They will run the appropriate screening tests based on your symptoms and exposure risk. You should not just ask for antibiotics, because the doctor wouldn't know what he's supposed to be treating.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Can Rimming be a risk for HIV Jun 18, 2010

In the name of Allah! Please help my dear American Friend
really sick ... I need to talk to you Bob

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint