In the name of Allah! Please help my dear American Friend

May the ever benevolent Allah bless you Dr.Bob, I am writing to you with the help of a friend of mine, who is a learned man. Indeed he's translating and also scripting my incident. I am working as a daily wager here in a government hospital, in rural lahore. Sir, yesterday, when I was instructed by my Doctor-Boss to hold a " Kidney Tray" and other such surgical equipments while he was carrying out a procedure, this was what happened.The doctor was giving an injection to this patient to numb the area.I think he may have pushed in half the syringe of the drug, when suddenly the drug got sprayed around. I definitely remember little drops of it getting on my ragged shirt ( after all I am a daily wages worker), and I can barely recall a very tiny amount of that drug, and probably a tiny amount of the patient's fluid mixed blood hitting my eye and likely entering my eye.!! I dont know the HIV status of that patient. I asked the doctor if that was a very dangerous exposure, and he only yelled at me Dear sir, my friend suggested that I seek help from internet, and I found you here. Sir, if the tiny bit of drug mixed with patient's blood did get into my eye, with the HIV Status of patient unknown, have I put myself to enormous danger of HIV? . Sir I am in desperate need of your help, dont let me down. Also I have been told that your Karma is like almighty's blessing, so I am begging you to send me your best karma that I will test HIV Negative at the end of three months.

Hello.

Your potential occupational exposure is nearly identical to the questioner's accessible via the link below. My assessment and advice are the same. The HIV-acquisition risk is negligible at best. You could request an HIV test on the source patient. You could also consider a three-month HIV-antibody test to gain psychological peace of mind. The result would undoubtedly be negative.

Although I very strongly doubt you'll need it, I'll gladly send my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test results are negative.

Good luck. Be well.

SOS, Unknown HIV Status. An indian nurse pleads for help Jun 29, 2011

Reply to: Minor Surgery Gone Wrong
Rarely asked Questions