SOS, Unknown HIV Status. An indian nurse pleads for help

Respected Sir, I am a male nurse, working here in rural india.Just this morning when I was assisting my surgeon during an abscess drainage procedure,the following took place. Sir as the surgeon was injecting the local anaesthetic in the dermal area of the affected ankle, he was doing so with a bit of force.And even as he had pushed a little bit of it, due to the force he was using, a little quantity of the same, just sprayed backwards, and onto our hands. Sir,there is a chance that when the anaesthetic jutted out, a tiny quantity may have got into one of my eyes.Sir the patient's HIV status remains UNKNOWN, I am not very sure if the stuff that got into my eye was only the content of the syringe, or was it admixed with patient's blood!! I spoke to my superior and enquired as to whether PEP For HIV was warranted, he was unsure. Sir, please assess my risk and let me know as early as possible if PEP is Indeed warranted. Sir I am extremely scared and panic stricken. Please Help

Hi.

PEP would not be warranted for such a minimal potential exposure.

If possible, you could ask the patient if he would consent to an HIV test. If negative, you'll be able to relax considerably.

If you remain worried, you could get an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark primarily to gain psychological peace of mind. I have no doubt the result would be negative.

Oooops!!! server error!
false positive elisa