Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Good Samaritan Exposure?

Hi Dr. Bob,

Glad to see you and the site are still going strong!

Yesterday a lady at a crosswalk suffered a seizure when she started to cross the street right in front of me while I was driving to pick up my daughter from school. I pulled over right away and called 911. She fell flat on her face without putting her hands out(very scary to witness)and broke a bottle of beer she had in a bag of groceries. While I was talking with the 911 operator I leaned over to tell the lady to stay calm and that help was on the way. Right as I was telling her to stay calm she grabbed my forearm to try to get up. She had cut her hand on the broken glass and got quite a bit of blood on my forearm. I went to my truck and got a towel to put under her head and at the same time wiped off the blood on my forearm. I didn't have any cuts or scabs on my forearm but upon looking closer I realized that I had 3 healing scabs on my knuckles of the same arm that she got her blood on. When the EMT's and firetrucks arrived I got into my car and proceded to go pick up my daughter. I went to her school restroom and washed with soap and warm water on the forearm to make sure all the blood was off. She didn't grab my hand and I din't get any of her blood on my scabs for sure. Am I at risk of getting HIV or Hepetitus? I am very freaked out about the whole thing and now I am questioning if I should have gotten out of the car to let her know someone cared or maybe I should of stayed in my car (*like everyone else) and called 911.

Thanks for your time and god bless you.

Best regards,

Gregg

Hey, Gregg.

Yep, like the Energizer Bunny I just keep on going and going and going....

Your good Samaritan actions did not put you at risk for HIV or hepatitis. They did, however, win you some excellent cosmic karma for helping someone in need. BRAVO!

Be well. Stay well.

Scared it's PN
Help for my client