Just being curious.

Doctor Franscino,

Hello I'm a unviersity student in Asia who is looking forward to majoring in medicine from next year. I'm sorry that my English is not that fluent. I found this site introduced on one of our country's HIV related site and I'm very sure that you're really giving a great encouragement to people who are positive and also who are afraid to take tests. I really feel grateful for this and I think you're a doctor with a very warm heart. Thank you very much. Going on to my question, actually this doesn't seem to go right with this forum, but I really want to hear the answer from you:) If a person who is majoring in medicine gets to know that he or she is hiv positive, are they able to remain as postdoc who does reserches and surveys and things like that..you know, in the field of fundamental sciences of medicine.(I mean, of course not clinically, but theoretically.) What could the person do for living if he found out that he was positive? just before graduation? Just being curious because I think this can happen to anyone, no matter what the route has been. I want to know if they can keep their major and have jobs related to medicine even if they get HIV infected. Of course I know they cannot be a clinical doctor but I mean..if there are any other medical related jobs that allows them to keep the work for living. Thanks for reading :) Cheers to you!

Hello.

HIV shouldn't inhibit or prevent anyone from following his dreams. I know a number of HIV-positive physicians still practicing clinical medicine. Universal precautions prevent HIV transmission in both directions, from patient to physician and vice versa.

Stay safe. Stay well. Follow your dreams!

hiv transmission through chewing gum
about my status of hiv