antibodies - please advise

Doc. Hope you are doing well. Happy national HIV test day. I hope more people took the chance to get tested.

This question is more directed towards your immunologist side of the trade. If a person can produce varicella antibodies but perhaps still has an Iga deficiency (or perhaps even CVID) would that mean the person can still produce HIV antibodies? Would this type of deficiency affect the window period for testing by any chance?

I made a donation to your foundation. Thank you so much for all your hard work.

Best.

Bob

Hello, Bob.

What a great name you have! Happy National HIV Testing Day to you and all the forum readers (and even you lurkers, as well!).

Regarding CVID, it stands for common variable immunodeficiency disease. As the name indicates, it's "variable." Some folks have minimal deficiency in their immune response; in others the problem can be much more severe. CVID encompasses about 150 different types of primary immune deficiencies characterized by hypogammaglobulinemia.

Selective IgA deficiency is a different immune ailment affecting only one class of antibodies (IgA). IgA deficiency would not affect the HIV-antibody window period.

If a person responded to varicella, he has demonstrated the ability to make specific antibodies and his HIV-antibody test should be considered valid.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well.

wanking addict
Sending out an B.O.B. Please respond... I need your expert advice.