A different kind of woo-hoo and an update!

Hello Dr. Bob! It feels great to be writing to you with good news once more! In November 2010 I wrote to you for the first time (How do I say "wooo-hooo" in Greek??? Nov 8, 2010) to say "Thank you" after receiving my negative result. This wonderful site and your rich archives helped me back then through those long 4 months. I was engaged and had cheated on my fiance with an ex, condom broke and so started my worried-well hell! This is an update on how my life has changed since then!!! Well, I am now happily married to my amazing man! And I'm 9 weeks pregnant! Woohoo!!! An hiv test was included in my prenatal screening and was again negative, as I had expected it to be! It 's just soooo good to see it on paper again, even if you already know it's true! Last year, when I feared an hiv+ result, I had decided I would not go through with the wedding and I would probably never have any children. Taking the test made a huge difference for me!I am just so happy and grateful, not scared and insecure anymore! So people please GO, GET TESTED, DON'T BE AFRAID!!! You need to know your status so you can go on with your lives! I hope you will be glad to hear that I have kept my promise to educate my teenage students on hiv. I organized a school project on STDs for 13 and 14-year-olds. Students collected information, which we discussed over 12 weekly meetings. They had their fellow-students fill-out a questionnaire and finally they did a presentation for the whole school and gave out an information leaflet. I am really proud of them, they did an amazing job! I will definitely be doing this again next year, if it's the least I can do to help out! I just think you are incredible Dr. Bob, like a super-hero! You are changing people's lives with your work and making this world a better place! I wish you every personal happiness from the bottom of my heart! And again THANK YOU... Love from Greece, Mia

Hello, Mia.

Welcome back to the forum and congratulations on both your negative repeat HIV-antibody test (even if we already knew it would be WOO-HOO-able) and, most of all, on your marriage and mommy-hood! BRAVO! It's always comforting to know that the gazillions of words I type into my MacBook Pro and send careening into cyberspace actually have an impact somewhere in the cyber-universe. It really makes doing this (and it is incredibly time consuming) all worthwhile. I'm also thrilled to hear you are "paying it forward." That means taking what you learned here and spreading the word to others (your teen students who then will hopefully in turn educate their parents, friends, etc. BRAVISSIMO! You may have just saved someone's life! Mia, you are my superhero as well!

Be well.

How do I say wooo-hooo in Greek?

KP 1461 update from Koronis Pharmaceuticals
-its 2001, not 1987 no more -!!! testing conclusive under 3 months, will it ever be????!!!! it's human torture to wait that long!???