TB and HIV/AIDS

Seven years ago I found out that I had TB. I also found out a month later while taking medication that I was pregnant. I continued after birth and finish my meds for TB. I have just now found out that normally when having TB you also have HIV/AIDS. I have had two more kids after this rough time. I have took tons of tests and all came back negative for AIDS. Is it true that if you have TB than more than likely you also have AIDS? I am so terrified I don't know what to do. Please help Thanks, Amanda Mississippi

Hello, Amanda.

Tuberculosis (TB) and HIV disease are two completely different illnesses. It is possible to have both at the same time, but this certainly is not always the case. Your HIV tests have been negative, so you don't have HIV. You did have TB and have been treated for that. So stop worrying! HIV is not your problem!

Question salivary IgA.
KP 1461 update from Koronis Pharmaceuticals