Do I need PEP - cant take much more worry.

I am looking for some advice regarding an incident in the early hours of Friday morning - please bear with me as I have a pretty bad diagnosed anxiety disorder.

I had some drinks at home with friends and ended up blind drunk. In the early hours of Friday morning I left my flat and walked to the local gay sauna - fortunately it was closed (I was so drunk I entered the pin wrong on all my bank cards at the ATM so I wouldn't have been able to pay in had it been opened anyway) so I'm pretty confident I didn't have sex with anyone in there.

My worry however is that I may have met someone on the street and had sex with them therefore putting myself at risk of HIV. I can't remember meeting anyone never mind having sex but my memory of the evening is pretty bad so I'm very worried. My friend says I'm catastrophising as usual and that if I can remember being at the ATM then I would remember having sex but my mind is racing and I keep thinking that something must have happened as I have a bruise and cut on my foot (I was wearing flip flops) which makes me think I fell - but I cant remember and a stain on the front of my t shirt which automatically made me think it was semen - my friend thinks I'm being a nutcase and that it would be highly unlikely that I would meet an HIV positive gay male at 2:30am on the street willing to have sex with a blind drunk Irishman. He also thinks I would have been aware of having had sex the next day either due to pain in my ass or lube on my penis and also that I would have been too drunk to have sex anyway - unlikley to have been able to get an erection of any use to anybody.

Do you think it's likely that I had sex and just can't remember it and that I've put myself at risk of HIV? Do I need pep?

My anxiety just seems to get worse and worse - i'm really strung out and exhausted.

Please give me your advice - I've already decided never to drink again (even though I don't drink very often).

Hi.

". . . My friend thinks I'm being a nutcase...." I absolutely agree with your friend. You're a totally whacked looney tunes fluffernutter.

No, you don't need PEP, but you do need help with your irrational fears and anxiety. Anti-anxiety medication and/or psychotherapy (counseling) with a licensed mental health professional can be very helpful in confronting and conquering these irrational fears.

12 weeks after a lot of sex..... (please answer)
HIV infection and Peripheral Neuropathy in Women