Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

One Big Mistake!
Jun 25, 2011

Hi Dr Bob! Lets say i got real drunk and had a blood exposure woke up in the morning woke up and said gosh i am a loser took a shower and continued my life.Three days later i felt weird frequent peeing and tingle in tip of penis so i took a modified z pack 1.5g then 750mg then 500mg then 250mg i had a couple extra then went to the clinic lied to them got a shot of rocephin and pills to treat trich then 2 weeks later i stated doxycline 2 a day for 15 days with 500mg amoxicillin 1 month later i got a sudden weakness in legs two weeks after that i starting getting night sweets 99.7 in anus weird! and a shock that woke me up from a sleep and had to grasp for air. I could not get up in the morning for the next 3 weeks and was real tired had to shake my foot actually to get up. then i started getting headaches, fast heartbeat, stiff neck, night sweets off and on, dizziness, ill feeling and a dry cough that still will not go away o and swollen glands confirmed by the doc they did not start until week 9 now they are down but painful and that is going away, now depression but its sunny today and feeling better..... This is how my testing went, ordered a home bio kit at 6 weeks and it was negative! woo Symptoms still there So clear-view complete at 8,9,10,12 weeks past possible exposure all negative Woo. Had my blood work done at week 10 weeks high igg for cmv 3.37 high igg for ebv 215 but (negaitive (igm) thats what gets me)...just about normal white count little on the low side and active lymphocytes little on the high side! Starting to feel better. Doc said i had mono and am on the recovery side but ----26yr old very healthy until 2 months ago! 1)do you think this a opportunistic infection? 2)If those were ars symptoms would my 12 week showed as positive If i really had it 3) Did i screw myself up by taking so many antibiotic? Doctor does not know how many antibiotics i took. 4) Can i Who-Hoooo Or not yet? Dr BOB i will be donating to your foundation 50$ your my favorite have read a lot of post over the past couple months what you do for people is very kind. Good Luck with your mission!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello.

You "...started getting night 'sweets' in the anus"???? Hmm. OK, if you say so.

Turning to your specific questions:

1. No, absolutely not!

2. Yes!

3. Yes!

4. Yes! WOO-HOO.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

WOO-HOO! Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Strep Throat and Kissing = Transmission?
Next
CD and Viral load

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.