Nicotine's effect on HIV ELISA test (SMOKING AND HIV TEST RESULTS, 2011)
Jun 25, 2011
Hello, Dr. Frascino -
Does smoking (cigarettes) have any effect on HIV testing? Also, does it affect the generally accepted 'window period' for HIV seroconversion? Thank you for your help.
Response from Dr. Frascino
As in the case with so many questions, the information/reassurance you desire was already waiting for you in the archives. See below.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Lymphocyte Count Hiv
- Can A Person Who Is Hiv Positive Get Married?
- Are Frequent Colds A Sign Of Hiv?
- Can The Use Of Lubricants Containing Nonoxynol-9 Further Reduce Hiv Risk?
- Can The Diagnosis Of Intestinal Candidiasis Be Dubious?
- In Hiv Does White Blood Cells Or Red Blood Cells Have To Do With Hiv
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.