can i be able to have kids

Hi doctor I want to know I have diagnose with HIV$AIDS last March 20010 been sick withabdominal pains they found out that I had TB aswell so they put me for Tb TREATMENT FOR THE WHOLE year till 2011 April so now Im only taking Atripla tablets,adcal-d3,andco-trimoxazole.Though I was very poorly but now Im much better and going back a bit to my wait as before,so my question is it possible for me to have sex with no condoms as I am very cautious I dont want to die as yet but I want to hsve atleast 1child can you give me advice please

Hello.

You don't mention if you are male or female. Either way it's possible for magnetic couples to reduce the risk of HIV transmission during conception. See links below. With appropriate care and use of effective antiretroviral medications you can reduce the chances of mother-to-child HIV transmission to extremely low levels. You need to discuss your plans with your HIV specialist. If you are a woman and planning on conceiving, you'll need to change your current antiretroviral regimen. One of the components of Atripla is efavirenz, which can cause birth defects, must not be used in women considering pregnancy. (There are a number of alternative medications that can be used in place of the efavirenz.) This is only one of the issues you'll need to discuss with your HIV physician specialist and an HIV-knowledgable obstetrician before considering becoming pregnant. You can learn much more by reviewing the information in the archives of the Safer Sex/HIV Prevention expert forum where you'll find an entire chapter devoted to pregnancy.

Unprotected sex and low detection rate (ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION, 2010) (PREGNANCY, POSITIVE FEMALE AND NEGATIVE MALE, 2011) Mar 21, 2011

I just found out my boyfriend is HIV positive , what do I do? (PREGNANCY: HIV POSITIVE MALE AND HIV NEGATIVE FEMALE 2010) Dec 12, 2010

IM HIV- NEVER TOOK ANY TREATMENT BUT STILL UNDETECTED AND MY CD4 COUNT KEEPS GETTING LOWER
excessjve istiredness and lack of appetiate