What are the chances of HIV in p17 western blot? (INAPPROPRIATE WESTERN BLOT TEST, 2011)
Jun 22, 2011
Sir, I had my two elisa negative tests and a p17 band appear in the Western blot .The test conducted after 4&1/2 month of possible exposure .Please help
Response from Dr. Frascino
Yours is yet another case of the Western Blot test being ordered inappropriately. See link below. Your tests indicate you are HIV negative. No additional HIV testing is warranted.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Red Eyes A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Can You Contract HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.