Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Worried after drunken episode
Jun 22, 2011

Dear Dr Bob,

I am a huge fan. You are truly a great inspiration to us all. Your work and dedication this field is phenomenal.

I have a quick question or two I am hoping you will be able to help me with. Last week I had a drunken encounter- 1 night stand with a female. Basically this involved me sucking her nipples, engaging in deep kissing and receiving an unprotected handjob with moisturizing cream. During the course of the handjob she placed one of her fingers into my anus for around 3 minutes.

Basically here are my fears 1) I had a slight cut on my tongue (small and not bleeding) and I am worried that through my deep kissing encounter I could have contracted HIV this way if indeed she also had a cut open sore in her mouth.

2) I am worried that the lady may have had some traces of blood on her finger from previously applying a band aid to her knee that she scraped on the way back to her place. I am worried that I could have contracted HIV and other STD's by her placing her fingers on my penis and inside my anus. Even if we take the worst case scenario and say she was HIV + and had an open wound/ cut or traces of blood on her finger from the knee graze would you suggest that I need to get myself tested for HIV and other STD's or is this action not necessary. There was no sign of blood on my penis or anus although the room was very dark and it was extremely hard to see clearly.

So I'm one of the many that seek your help Doctor Bob. Hoping you have time to answer my question.

Your worried friend.

Christopher

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi, Christopher.

Thanks for your kind comments.

Your STD/HIV fears are unwarranted. The risks are essentially nonexistent. I see no reason for concern, worry or STD/HIV testing.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Med School Exposure
Next
HIV from Toilet floor

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.