Dr. Bob -- I Dont Think This Got To You -- I Pre-Maturely Pushed the Submit Button

Dr. Bob, Hope you had a Nice Sunday. I have a question if you can help me out. I went to look for a Fathers Day card and some Birthday Cards as well. Once I found the appropriate card. I picked them out along with the envelopes. After I got into the car I noticed on the envelope a reddish brown streak along with some other garbage streaked on it. My finger with a a paper cut on it (which is about 15 minutes old - (NOT BANDAGED), was lying right on top of the stuff on the envelope. So I have my finger with a 15 minute old papercut on it with NO Bandage lying right on top of this redish brown and other stuff gunked on the envelope. I was on a call when looking at the cards so at least 1 minute went by before I grabbed any cards or envelopes. Please help mw with this as I am going crazy. If that red streak and other stuff on the envelope was antyhing with HIV+ fluid( blood and/or semen) on it -- What are my chances of me catching the HIV virus from this situation because my fresh paper cut finger was lying right directly on top and of this stuff? It touched!! What are the chances of catching the HIV virus from this if indeed this is any HIV+ fluid? (Remember: A good minute went by before I even picked up any cards or envelopes. Is there any need for: Worry?? A HIV Test? -- again :( - I am Neg. or checking into PEP? Hope you had a Nice Sunday, Michael's Wife - Michelle We are the couple that has some trouble with Michael's anxiety which is somewhat under control. I don't want to tell him about this incident but it is now giving me a little anxiety. We will make another donation to your Foundation. We do quite regularly.

Hello, Michael's wife - Michelle.

As with your previous worries the HIV acquisition risk associated with this latest incident is completely nonexistent. I see absolutely no cause for concern, worry, HIV testing or consideration of PEP. Both you and Michael should continue your efforts to confront and conquer your irrational fears about HIV.

Thanks for your ongoing support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stop worrying. All is well (including you!).

I made a mistake
am I still contagious?