Is it ok to take GABA supplements with my meds?
Jun 18, 2011
Is it ok to take GABA supplements with my meds? Iâve been on truvada and efavirenz for about 8 months and my CD4 has increased from 250 to 450 and VL undetectable. I got gym and eat healthy but I battle with sleep and muscle cramps a friend recommended GABA supplement. Is it safe to use GABA with my meds.
Response from Dr. Frascino
I'm not aware of any drug-drug interactions between GABA and Truvada or efavirenz. However, as with all supplements, herbs, over-the-counter products or other prescription medications, you should always check with your HIV physician specialist before adding anything to your combination-antiretroviral regimen.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Does The Hiv Virus Affect The Helper T Cell?
- How Soon Can U Get Tested For Hiv After Sharing A Needle?
- Can Nurses Contract Hiv Working With Patients?
- How Bad Will The Sore Throat And Muscle Aches Be When You Have Hiv?
- Cases Of Wife Contracting Hiv After Husband Had Visited A Prostitute
- Are Early Flu-like Symptoms Of Hiv Contagious?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.