Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Worried about latest encounter
Jun 18, 2011

Hi Dr Bob,

I have donated $100 to your organisation. I have read many of your replies and just got to know that while treating one of the patients you are living with the virus for 20 years and still working hard to fight it. Hope my donation does my small bit in this effort. Hope the whole world appreciate your outstanding work.

I had picked a girl in Dubai in a club. We had protected vaginal sex. (Used Extra safe durex condoms). No french kissing , no vagina touch etc. I did sucked her breast and felt some liquid in my mouth but her nipples were dry. Dont know what was that. After i ejacualated While pulling out , i realised that my penis is coming out but condom is not. So i held on to the head of the condom and withdrew it. Disposed it to the dustbin. Condom was totally intact. I did not see any breakage or leakage.

Below are my doubts. 1. Whats my exposure from breast sucking ? If it was breast milk > 2. My withdrawal was good enough for safe guidelines? 3. She had appeared in a medical test a week before the encounter and she was HIV -ve as it is must for the dubai work visa. I am assuming she is telling the truth else should have been deported. What are the chances that she is carrying the virus in window period and passsed it on to me ? 4. Its been 17 days since the exposure. I am having slight pain in my right groin. Is it something to worry about ?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello.

1. Essentially nonexistent.

2. Yes.

3. Beyond remote.

4. Nope!

Your fears are unwarranted. If you remain worried, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The result will undoubtedly be negative.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org) and your kind comments. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will forever be HIV free.

Good luck. Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Atripla for PEP for one year or more?
Next
thank you Dr. Bob

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.