Will I be Positive?

Hello, Well here is my question. I had been seeing this guy who is now my boyfriend since January. In March/April we started engaging in Unprotected Sex. Twice we had sex where i was the bottom and he came inside me. We both then have our routine test. His is positive and he didnt know. Mine negative. After of course we havent touched each other since. I was exposed on two occasion as a bottom and I topped him 3 times. My two week out test was negative. My 4 Week and My 6 Week out Test is still negative. Do my chances decrease everytime I get a negative test. My doctor says this is a good thing. Is it?

Hello.

There is no doubt unprotected sex is risky business. Your story should serve as a cautionary tale for others reading this forum who might be considering having unprotected sex. Of the over 1,100,000 HIV-positive Americans, one out of every five has absolutely no idea he is infected with the virus! That is why we must assume all our sexual partners (even future boyfriends) could be HIV infected and take all the necessary precautions to prevent possible transmission of the virus.

Unprotected receptive anal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive and not on antiretroviral therapy carries the highest risk for possible HIV transmission. You will need HIV testing out to the six-month mark to be certain you dodged the HIV bullet. Certainly your negative HIV-antibody tests out to six weeks are encouraging. The majority of (but not all) HIVers will have detectable levels of specific anti-HIV antibodies in their blood within four to six weeks after primary HIV infection.

I would suggest you and your positively charged mate read through the chapter in the archives devoted to magnetic couples. Hopefully you will continue to test HIV negative. If so, you may want to consider some of the harm-reduction strategies discussed for magnetic couples.

Good luck to both you and your partner.

So I have hiv
Watersports and Development of Drug Resistance?