there's life hope after aids

Hi Dr.Robert thanks for your answerer.I appreciate. well I had been diagnostic with AIDS cause my cd4 go down to 39 but and also cause I have toxo...I'm kind afraid and confuse even I feel ok and healthy now. but actually I'm taking treatment and my cd4 rise up to 268 and I wonder if after aids can I go to a normal healthy life again for long? . even I'm not HIV anymore and AIDS it might be the last stage of this infection? Thank you so much...God bless you!

Hello.

You report your CD4 count had plummeted to 39 and you have toxoplasmosis. You also report that on treatment your CD4 count has skyrocketed to 268 and you "feel OK and healthy now." So, in essence you answered your own question! Yes, of course there is life (and health) after an AIDS diagnosis, assuming you have access to medications and are under the care of an HIV-knowledgable physician (preferably an HIV/AIDS physician specialist). Have a look around this Web site and you'll find gazillions of testimonials (and blogs) describing miraculous improvements in health (and CD4 counts) on effective combination antiretroviral therapy. Many opportunistic diseases, such as toxo, can be effectively treated with the appropriate antibiotics.

No one has a crystal ball to accurately predict the future, and HIV/AIDS can at times be quite unpredictable; however, currently you appear to be responding extremely well to treatment. Consequently your future looks very promising. Continue to work closely with your HIV physician specialist, adhere to your medication regimen, and maintain a healthful lifestyle (good nutrition, regular exercise, adequate sleep, decreased stress, no smoking or recreational drug use, etc.).

I've been HIV positive since January 1991. Let's get through this together, and both be here for the cure, OK?

Be well.

HIV, Hep-C positive hubbie, my first needle stick, PEP?
Just a lick