The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please help me i am scared i need your help

Jun 14, 2011

hi sir thank you for your reply to many people every day you do and the solutions you give is reallly excellent Greetings sir i actually have a dought so i am mailing you i could not find any answer similar sir in the month of jan 11 this year i did anal to my friend while i was doing the condom tore and i was scared than exactly after a month i took my friend for his blood test than i saw his test was hiv positive i was totally scared than in the month of april after three months i got my blood tested it was negative. Now my question is am i safe or not. should i under go test again. THe result was negative at the third month will i remain the same or is there any possibility that i can become positive please answer my question and do me the favour please sir i beg you i am totally scared

Response from Dr. Frascino


The CDC recommends that for significant HIV exposures, such as unprotected (or broken-condom) anal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV infected, an HIV-antibody test be done at both the three- and six-month marks to confirm a conclusively negative result. That said, your negative three-month test is extremely encouraging. The vast majority of HIVers will have detectable levels of specific anti-HIV antibioses in their blood within four to six week following primary infection. The statistical odds are now all in your favor, but I would still recommend you get a follow-up HIV-antibody test at the six-month mark.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Am I infected?
couple wanting a baby: one partner +tive and other -tive

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint