Thanks for the great service you provide.

Dr. Bob, let me start by thanking you for the outstanding public service you provide. I found this site in a panic after having unprotected vaginal intercourse during a one night stand with a girl I barely knew. I panicked and asked two questions with no response but found that my question had been answered 100 times in the past. I am at the one month mark since my encounter and my anxiety and fear has diminished almost 100 percent thanks to reading this forum. I had my yearly check up with my doctor today and informed him of the encounter and he informed me my odds of contracting hiv from this encounter are about the same as being struck by lighting. Also in reading through previous questions I have a new found understanding of the disease and have ridden myself of many misconceptions I had about the disease. Thank you Doc.

Hi.

Thanks for your kind comments and taking the time to write in and share your experience. Finding that a question has already been "answered 100 times" in the archives is something I hear frequently from those wise enough to check the archives for the information and/or reassurance they desire. Unfortunately many worried wrecks seem to prefer repeatedly posting the same question to my inbox, often many times a day, sometimes threatening to commit suicide if I don't respond immediately. (Multiple repeaters, you know who you are!) These concerns often involve low or no-risk scenarios, such as the classic "grandma farted getting out of her barcalounger and now I've got a pimple on my nose; does this mean I have AIDS?"

I'm delighted you've found the wealth of information on this site enlightening and reassuring.

Good luck on your upcoming definitive three-month HIV-antibody test.

Protected anal - shared towel
Hiv from weird exposure please help