PEP effectiveness

My paretner and I were engaged in anal sex (my partner on the receptive end) and the condom broke but we didnt realize until after I had ejacualted inside of him, he didnt try to expell any of my secretions. he went and got a PEP about 12 hours later and I got tested for his sake the same day and I found out I was positive. I seeked professional help and came to find I had an extremely high viral load. he is a generally healty person and took the PEP seriously. i am wondering the chances of him contracting it due to the certain circumstances? and how long until a test of his would show positive?

Hi.

Unprotected (or broken-condom) receptive anal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive with an "extremely high viral load" places your partner at significant risk for acquiring the virus. Beginning PEP 12 hours after the exposure will decrease the risk of viral transmission. Your partner should take the full 28-day course of PEP. He will then need post-PEP HIV-antibody testing at four-to-six weeks, three months and six months from the date of exposure. If he tests negative out to six months, he would be considered definitively HIV negative.

Good luck to you both.

giving hand jobs to different people
Protected anal - shared towel