Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I really need to know.
Jun 13, 2011

Hi doctor,

Months ago I was having some weird concerns about my sexuality. I thought I might be gay, and thought I should experiment to see. All reasons aside, one thing led to another and I began to give a stranger a handjob. I started, put my hand to my mouth to put spit on it, and kept going. After about 30 seconds I stoped because it really didn't feel right to me, and I was not at all into it. Heres my concern and question. I dont think there was anything on the mans penis after i had touched it, and slightly put my tounge to my mouth, but I dont know. I figured I would know, but I dont. I literally touched his member, quickly put my hand to my tounge , and that was it. I dont thik I had any cuts in my mouth, but I am constatly finding my self subconsciously bitting my lip, so I cant remember if I had any cuts at all. I'm really concerned that I have contracted HIV from this because I have a bit of a sore throat, and dry coughing. This could be written off with my horrible allergies, and anxiety. I would really just like to know your thoughts. Thank you, and I apoligize if any of this is too straight forward, or out of line. I just thought that you should know everything when basing a decision.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi.

You "put my tounge to my mouth"? What? Oh, never mind. Your HIV-acquisition risk is completely nonexistent. If HIV were transmitted that easily, it would have wiped out the entire planet years ago. Your anxiety about having contracted HIV does suggest some psychological problems with irrational fears and anxiety. I wouldn't be surprised if you also continue to harbor some doubts about your sexuality. Rather than going out to experiment, I would suggest you seek counseling from a licensed mental health practitioner. You can delve into issues surrounding sexual orientation without getting your hands sticky. Whether you're straight as a lawn dart, gay enough to bottom for Liberace or somewhere in between, it's important to be honest with yourself if you ever expect to find true love and true happiness.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
50 copies/ml are no longer considered an undetectable viral load. Why?
Next
giving hand jobs to different people

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.