I really need to know.

Hi doctor,

Months ago I was having some weird concerns about my sexuality. I thought I might be gay, and thought I should experiment to see. All reasons aside, one thing led to another and I began to give a stranger a handjob. I started, put my hand to my mouth to put spit on it, and kept going. After about 30 seconds I stoped because it really didn't feel right to me, and I was not at all into it. Heres my concern and question. I dont think there was anything on the mans penis after i had touched it, and slightly put my tounge to my mouth, but I dont know. I figured I would know, but I dont. I literally touched his member, quickly put my hand to my tounge , and that was it. I dont thik I had any cuts in my mouth, but I am constatly finding my self subconsciously bitting my lip, so I cant remember if I had any cuts at all. I'm really concerned that I have contracted HIV from this because I have a bit of a sore throat, and dry coughing. This could be written off with my horrible allergies, and anxiety. I would really just like to know your thoughts. Thank you, and I apoligize if any of this is too straight forward, or out of line. I just thought that you should know everything when basing a decision.

Hi.

You "put my tounge to my mouth"? What? Oh, never mind. Your HIV-acquisition risk is completely nonexistent. If HIV were transmitted that easily, it would have wiped out the entire planet years ago. Your anxiety about having contracted HIV does suggest some psychological problems with irrational fears and anxiety. I wouldn't be surprised if you also continue to harbor some doubts about your sexuality. Rather than going out to experiment, I would suggest you seek counseling from a licensed mental health practitioner. You can delve into issues surrounding sexual orientation without getting your hands sticky. Whether you're straight as a lawn dart, gay enough to bottom for Liberace or somewhere in between, it's important to be honest with yourself if you ever expect to find true love and true happiness.

50 copies/ml are no longer considered an undetectable viral load. Why?
giving hand jobs to different people