Anxiety and confusion - Please help

Dear Bob,

I had an unprotected sex with a Sex worker in US. After two months period, i had a small infection in the edge of my buttocks and cured in a week wih out any treatment. After 3 months, i had a dry and itchy all over my body when i exposed to sun or while eating a hot food. after five months, I was noticed Dark urine, chills, Blurred vision and cold sores in my mouth. I went to urologists for testing. My doctor tested and informed me that i am having Urinary infection and prescribed cipro for 21days (2 times)

Due to my HIV anxiety, I have tested for STD (Includes HIV antibody) testing after 5 months of exposure and the result came as negative. Again i have tested for all STD (Includes HIV DNA PCR, HIV antibody, HIV 1/o/2 abs qual) at 6 months and came as negative.

I am worrying like, due to my Urinary infection, will my HIV test be a false negative? was there a chance taking cipro during that period affects my HIV test? Kindly help to erase my anxiety and fear? I am not able to concentrate on my work or in my personal life. I will dontae generously to this foundation.

Please advise.

Hi.

Your fears are unwarranted. Neither a urinary tract infection nor taking Cipro would affect the accuracy of HIV-antibody tests or PCR testing. Your negative HIV-antibody tests and undetectable HIV DNA PCR out to six months are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No further HIV tests are warranted.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck/good-health karma that you will forever be HIV free!

Good luck. Be well.

Did my negligence put someone in danger
Hiv-1/2 EIA RR, Hiv-1 WB Negative