Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

UPDATE: Man up tested, will get results today
Jun 13, 2011

This is a follow up to my below message for you. I received my test results and .... i am WOOO HOOOOO certified :-D I just need a Dr. BOBWOOO HOOO certified. the following HIV test done to me after more than 6 months of a possible exposure. HIV I&II Abs+ p.24 Ag .... Result: 0.29 (Negative) HIV Interpretation (Negative)

I took all kind of STD screening, all negative. So am i a Dr. BOB WHOOOO HOOOOOO able?

========================================================= Hi Dr. Bob,

I recall i wrote for you 3 times hope to hear from you. You know the worried well and their powerful imagination and relating anything to anything logically to make it possible. The hell of most worried well like me living in middle east is not the fear of the HIV rather than the fear of the consequences as here in a very modern city they considered HIV a crime, jail you and kick your ass out to hell if required.

I have been living with HIV fear for almost 16 months, dying everyday, and getting tested here is not a piece of cake activity as any + results will be reported right away to the official parties and you will be damned instead of taking care as a human.

Today morning i get tested in a private clinic i found after digging for months. and i met a physician specialized in STD s. honestly i didn't feel comfortable with him as he was pretty careless about whatever i was telling, but he checked my symptoms and the most important thing is his statement about lymph nodes, i thought i was developing them on my shoulders and top back, but he said these are pimples from some kind of infection and this is not related to HIV at all, i don't know if you agree with him or not. The rest i had a rash in my back neck and front face for almost 8 months (Persistent) he didn't comment on this at all. he said you cannot consider a rash as a a sore conversion HIV risk (Also what do you think about this?) He mentioned i could have any other STD but not HIV as my risks was almost non-existent from insertive oral sex without ejaculation in the mouth. and a very old risk by having only protected Vaginal intercourse for less than 5 minutes with a properly used condom.

Dr. I am in a crazy love with a girl and i will have a big fight to convince her father to accept my proposal to her for some nationality differences, but this is the first time i feel i am falling in love for feelings and mind only (NOT SEX) so i am praying now all the time to have a negative HIV test as if i have other STD i could be treated, so i can proceed with my life dream to fight for this angel i love.

I am sure if i had a bad news today, i will be almost dead man, but still i am trying to optimistic and move on till the time of the result (8 hours from now).

I know i am talking too much but i am in need for this, even you replied or not.

Appreciate your work and efforts to help others with no return as your answers and information you provided was my daily routine activity i am doing "Even more than having food :-D". and wish i will have the honor shake your hands one day.

Cheers, Fox

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello, Fox.

First and foremost: WOOOOOO-de-frickin-HOOOOOO!!!! Excellent news! (Although I must admit it is exactly what I expected.) If you peruse the archives, you'll find gazillions of cases very similar to yours. My advice to those individuals was always the same. This is the main reason I didn't respond to your initial posts. I often fear I'm in danger of becoming "The Department of Redundancy Department!" by repeating the same advice to so many folks with nearly identical concerns. I'm delighted you ended your 16 months of self-imposed worry-well hell and decided to get tested. It remains a grave concern that some countries continue to treat HIV as a sin or crime instead of a viral disease! This only increases stigma and is a dangerously effective deterrent to folks to get tested. Scaring people away from getting tested, of course, only serves to fan the flames of this still volatile and dynamic pandemic. These countries think their policies are decreasing HIV/AIDS when in essence they are having the exact opposite effect: They are increasing the risk and actual number of new HIV infections.

I urge you to do everything in your power to increase HIV/AIDS awareness in your "very modern city." Change occurs when people demand it. We are seeing that across the Middle East. Let's hope these revolutions will also bring enlightenment regarding the realities of HIV/AIDS.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Explaining HIV Statistics
Next
Should I start PEP now?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.