can you say "conflicting advise"

Hello Doctor Frascino.

I am texting you from the far away land of Greece. I recently had a series of sex acts mostly condom protected. Except one girl that spitted on my penis and me performing Cunilingus (or however its spelled) to a russian girl that i met on vacation in Jamaica. Ok I realize that these were pretty low risk activities and i should not be vary worried but i was.... So i went to have a test and relax about it... But i was far from relaxing.... You see here in Greece that governmental agencies and HIV-aids hot line state that 8 weeks post exposure a test in conclusive and final.

So i had an hiv test at 8 weeks post exposure it came back negative and the doctor told me to come back in one month for a final test at the 12 week mark so i did but i went to a different lab and had an other test (still awaiting results) but a doctor there said to me that I have to come back in the 6 month mark. And now i dont know what to believe or how to act.

It has been really stressful for me and i have spend a small fortune on the test and dont wish to test again i just want to know if i can rely and trust my 3 month exam If you tell me to go with my gut like an other nurse told me in what to believe i will go and set on fire the Greek parliament.

Yours sincerely George

Hello, George.

Yes, the various guidelines can indeed be confusing! I plan to discuss this topic in an upcoming blog.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is extremely low. A negative HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark would be considered definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able.

Drug testing & false positive's
Can you please answer?