Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

2nd time i ask without answer ,,, plz Dr. reply ,, i am living with nightmare :(
Jun 6, 2011

Hello Doc First of all I would like to thank you on everyone's behalf for what u do to help people. Probably sometimes people are sure about the answer but they still ask you because they believe you and also for their own full satisfaction. For this reason I'll donate within these days . Now I would request you to also help me out on this one. coz really am getting mad. . I am a male 23yrs I have studied abroad for 4 year , during which i have went to many massage parlour & salon , in which i receive a full body massage including penis & ass maybe I have seen many answer saying no HIV can be transmitted through massage but if I look into it deeply describing it with particulars I feel than I am in risk of HIV & other STD

Some particulates which I hope that u answer them one by one , to avoid convusion that already killing me 1. once I went to one of those massage parlor and my back was little bit Scratches (as I used to scratches & rub my skin while having a bath) so in this case there maybe a possibility of getting std if she touch those open skin ??!!

2.another time I went to a salon in which I have had a massage by a man , then he shaved my penis & ass in this case with the open skin through shaving there is possibility of getting STD

3.With the same salon which operated by men while I was lying on the bed , I felt I touch a wet semen which maybe for d pervious customer !! Then I touched my penis & noise & lips

So there is possibility of getting STD from this action

4.once I went to a massage parlor in which a lady gave me an underwear, which might be used before & maybe one has ejaculated in it !!!

5. well I be treated as a gay , while checking for STD? , as I have got a massage by a man (who lock like that he is a gay as he invited me to his home but I refuse !!) & he shaved my penis & ass , so is the gay test will apply to me !!

6. in all my visits to those salons & parlor I have received hand job by men or women , all of those which I have vested where full cloth & they werent naked ,,, so no direct intercourse were there ( in other word only me were naked , receiving massage , shaving ,hand job)

I was about to kill my self as am having the sense of guilty and fearing that I might come up with HIV or another STD

So I have conducted following blood test

1. HIV .. Negative

2. HBSAG..Negative

3. ANTI-HCV.Negative

4. VDRL .Negative

5. CHAMYDIA TRACHAMATIS ( less than 16) (Reference value less than 16)

6. Neisseria Gonorrhoeae (less than 10) ( reference value less than 10)

7. Mycoplasma hominis ( less than 8) ( Reference value less than 8)

8. ureaplasma urealyticum (less than 8) ( Reference value less than

9. Herpes simplex virus type 1+2

HSV 1 IgG Negative (0.2)

HSV 2 IgG Negative (0.2)

HSV 1+2 IgM Negative (0.2)

10.CMV

IgG Antibody (12,4)

Igm antibody (0.5) negative

So only one turned to be positive which is CMV IgG

Do u think I have got it from d circumstances described above ?

What is d other std I have to chick for ?

Do u think that I were @ risk of HIV & other STD or I have dramatize d issue which leads me to all of those tests ?

I thank u very much , I hope I receive a quick answer that can pot a limit to these nightmare & sure Ill donate within these 2 days (:

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi.

From the various scenarios you describe, your HIV/STD-acquisition risk is remote at best. Assuming your HIV test was at least three months after your last potential exposure, your test results are all definitively negative. Your CMV result indicates a past infection and has nothing to do with HIV/AIDS. No further STD/HIV testing is warranted. You're negative. Yell WOO-HOO and stop all the needless, completely unwarranted worrying!

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Bat shit crazy
Next
Should I go for a test

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.