I know you won't answer but....... part 3....an update

Hello again Dr. Bob,

It's me the Stupid Stupid Fool again. Thanks for accepting my apology. Remember me? Brief unprotected cunnilingus on a stripper/prostitute. Racked with guilt and depresion for the past three months. Well I finally tested and thankfully it came back negative. I tested at 87 days post. I couldn't wait the final three days. I used Home Access. I was prepared for the worst while on the phone for that result. It literally felt like a ton of bricks were lifted off my chest when the recorded message said "your result is negative". I feel much better. The twisted nervous feeling in my chest is now a lot better. I don't feel as depressed as I did before. I am doing much much better. I am not feeling that I am 100% out of the woods yet but I probably feel 99% there. My only doubt is as you have probably already guessed is the three month vs six month window period. With that in mind please let me ask you the following questions:

1. You say to test out to six months for a known significant exposure to a positive person such as unprotected anal or vaginal sex. Would this also apply to brief unprotected cunnilingus with a known positive woman?(I have no way of knowing the stripper's status)

2. How common is it for someone to test negative at three months but positive at six months with no other risk exposures in the previous six months? CDC says 3%. How did they come up with that figure? Does it still apply?

3. Does testing at 87 days make a difference as opposed to testing at 90 or 91 days?

4. Given my possible exposure is only brief cunnilingus and adding in the fact that I had absolutely no symptoms whatsoever (felt physically fine just emotionally a wreck) would you say that my 87 day negative is conclusive?

Also I have been trying to pay it forward as you suggested in regards to enlightening people in my hometown about gay people. I recently had an interesting conversation with a coworker about a mutual friend of ours who has a gay son. He made a comment about the young man that he thought was funny. I took up for the young man and asked my coworker "If it was your son would you want people saying things like that? You don't even know him." At the end of our conversation he seemed to agree. I hope I instilled some understanding and acceptance into my coworkers heart. I guess it's one battle at a time right?

Ultimately I will probably test out to six months. However my anxiety is for now under control. Thanks for being here for me Dr. Bob. I hope you are doing fine and may God Bless You.

Welcome back to the forum and congratulations on your negative 87-day HIV-antibody test! WOO-HOO!

Regarding your specific questions:

1. Nope! You're Dr. Bob-certified WOO-HOO-able. No further HIV testing is warranted.

2. It would be extremely unlikely using the newer testing assays. Also, your HIV risk was exceedingly low to begin with.

3. The guidelines state three months, but the immune system really doesn't have a stopwatch. I would consider your negative HIV-antibody test at 87 days, for such a minimal potential exposure, to be conclusive and definitive.

Thanks for "paying it forward"! Yes, indeed it is one battle at a time.

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed well.)

I know you won't answer but....... part 2 Apr 16, 2011

Assisted Living Homes for HIV Patient
STI's... (STRUCTURED TREATMENT INTERRUPTIONS, STRATEGIC TREATMENT INTERRUPTIONS, STRUCTURED INTERMITTENT THERAPY, 2011)