Impregnating a woman, automatic infection???

Hello, If I were HIV positive, and after having protected/unprotected sex with my girlfriend/wife, impregnated her, is she automatically infected? Or is there a chance where she's not? Is this a weird question? I tried looking for similar questions that you may have answered, but the keywords I entered did not return any hits.

Thanks Doc! There is a God, and you are in His "Loved" list.

It is indeed possible for an HIV-positive male to impregnate an HIV-negative partner without transmitting the virus. Not every HIV exposure leads to HIV transmission. The baby would be HIV negative if the mother remains HIV negative. You can read more about this in the chapters on pregnancy and magnetic couples in the archives of this forum.

Be well.

Worried Sick..will make good luck donation
PEP medication