Multiple exposures and window period

Hallo, Doctor Frascino. I want to thank you for your very useful work. I have a question for you: is it correct to say that exposures to HIV will not affect the window period related to a former exposure? E. g., if I have a sexual intercourse on 15th May, will I have to test from 15th August to verify if it lead to HIV, and will not the result be affected by later exposures, say on 1st June and 15 th June (whereas, in order to verify if any of the three exposures resulted in getting infected, I will have to wait for the 3-month mark from the last one, i.e. 15th September)? Thank you very much from Italy, M.

Buon giorno M,

Yes, your assumption is correct. HIV-antibody testing should be done three months from the date of last possible exposure. Previous potential exposures would not affect this.

By the way, why are you having so many potential exposures? Why not practice safer sex (latex condoms). Then you wouldn't have to worry about testing intervals.

Ciao,

Licking of the dick hole and risk assessment. Donation shortly by the way.
testicles and base of penis itch after vaginal sex