A personal question (and 2 others) donation coming
Jun 5, 2011
Although I am in a state of self destructive panic, please at least answer the first question, which I think is a new one.
1) As someone who offers so much advice and comfort to the virally enhanced and the worried well alike, and who has expressed in various responses a view that suggests life is about something much larger than yourself I was wondering if you had any particular religious views or thoughts about that area. I myself bounce between agnosticism, Christianity, and a bunch of other things pretty regularly. None of them seem to make me as positive and loving a person as you so I just wanted to hear your perspective on that.
2)A stripper sat on my hand naked 2 weeks ago, and I noticed a small pencil-point sized scab on that hand. If that skin was compromised at the time (I know it wasn't bleeding) am I going to have a problem?
3) Can the ARS rash be mistaken for a heat rash by a dermatologist?
I understand if you don't want to answer the last 2 questions...
In any event you are a wonderful resource and a great person. Are you ever going to be presenting or speaking in the NYC area?
Thank you for everything you do.
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Actually I have discussed this topic several times and those responses are available in the archives. Briefly I do believe something comes next when we depart this wild and wacky mortal existence. Exactly what that is, I have absolutely no idea. However, we'll all get our own chance to find out. I do believe in a "higher power," but I'm not much of a fan of religion's man-made rules and rituals. For instance despite being raised Catholic, I can't support the Vatican's views on condoms, contraception, women, priest celibacy, etc. I certainly don't believe you need a religious affiliation to be a "positive and loving person." Rather, I see this as a choice. As for being positive about being positive, see link below.
2. Nope. Your HIV risk from Bouncing Bertha perching herself on your hand at the local Badda Bing is not a risk for HIV, even if you had a small pencil-point-sized scab on your hand.
3. No, unless he's a really, really bad dermatologist.
Why wouldn't I want to answer your question?
As for NYC, I'm there at least a couple times per year.
Finally, what's all this nonsense about a state of self-destructive panic? MJ, aren't you being just a bit overly dramatic? Of course your are, frevinsakes. Now knock it off, OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Burning Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Give A Male Oral Sex, Can I Get An Std
- 20 Months Negative Persistent Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.