Is breastfeeding safe?

My husband has diagnosed with aids as a child. His viral load has been undetectable for 17 years. I have been tested every year and always test negative. I recently found out I was pregnant and was wondering if it was safe to breastfeed as long as my tests continue to come back negative?

If you are HIV negative, there is no reason you should not breast-feed your baby.

I would suggest you and your virally enhanced hubby read through the chapter in the archives of this forum dedicated to magnetic couples and consider implementing some of the harm-reduction strategies discussed there.

Good luck. Be well.

Touching and kissing
Can HIV meds cause false HSV IgG test results? (HERPES SIMPLEX, 2011)