Straightforward Answer Re Testing

Hello Dr. Bob,

Firstly thank you for the service you provide. I am really struggling with all the information that is presently available regarding HIV and Hepatitis. My exposure is from less than six seconds of unprotected insertive oral sex with a female.

I have had negative testing out to the 90 day mark, with HIV testing done (PCR DNA at 3 weeks, Antibody at 6, 12 and 13 weeks).

Additionally, I have had negative hepatitis testing done with HBSAG at 1 week, 9 weeks and 12 weeks. Hep C Antibody testing done at 6 and 13 weeks respectively. All the results came back negative.

With a renewed sense of putting a focus on my health, I had my first physical in 10 years, which revealed elevated AST and ALT levels. My doctor tested me again for HBSAG, HEP C etc, all negative. An ultrasound revealed that I have a "fatty liver."

My question is (and I have checked the forum for this and can't seem to find a difinitive answer) when can I safely move on from this with evidence that my testing has ruled out hepatitis? Do my four negative Hepatitis Surface Antigen tests done at the periods listed above give me that level of confidence?

I desperately want to stop testing and absolutely need to move on with my life, by seem to be stuck. I really value your opinion, as unlike so many of the other online "experts" you err on the side of caution, and as such, your "woo-hoo's" hold serious weight. Can I woo-hoo over hep b and hiv at this point and move on?

Thank You Doctor. I will be donating $500.00 to your foundation - it is literally the least I can do.

Ryan

Hello, Ryan.

A straightforward answer is requested and that's exactly what I'll provide.

Your exposure risk was very brief (six seconds). The route of exposure, insertive oral sex, also carries the lowest statistical risk for acquiring the virus.

Your repeatedly negative HIV-antibody tests out to 13 weeks coupled with your undetectable qualitative HIV PCR DNA are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted.

Your negative hepatitis serologies for hepatitis B and hepatitis C out to 12 and 13 weeks respectively are also definitive. No further hepatitis testing is warranted.

"Fatty liver" can be caused by a number of medical conditions, including obesity, alcohol abuse, diabetes, pregnancy, certain medications, Reye's Syndrome and Wilson's Disease among others. A gastroenterologist can help you sort this out. One thing is certain: The cause is not HIV or hepatitis B or C.

Yes, you can WOO-HOO!

Many thanks for your very generous donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Your one gift will touch many lives in desperate need. On behalf of those lives, please accept my heartfelt thanks.

Be well. Stay well.

Does this new article on HIV possible cure in future promising?
Thank you you are a kind and selfless man more power to you