broken condom -is pep medication required(Urgent)

Hi Doc, I would be highly obliged if you could answer my question urgently. I had sex with a prostitute today and during intercourse (penis to vaginal ) my condom broke. I immediately withdrew and replaced the condom and continued with the act. I also performed an oral on her earlier. Afterwards, I asked her HIV status and she said she was negative for hiv blood test which she has done 2 months before. Still, I am not sure if she is hiv negative currently. As I have read in your other forums, the per act risk for unprotected sex is less than 1% from female to male hiv transmission even if female is hiv positive. Should I go for pep treatment immediately as a precaution measure? I have heard that it is difficult to adhere to completely for 1 month due to its side effects. Please answer urgently as I need to get the treatment immediately depending upon your advice.

In order to make a firm recommendation, I would need a more detailed medical history. It appears your potential exposure was very brief and that the HIV status of your Naughty Lady from Shady Lane is unknown. You could begin PEP and then schedule an appointment with an HIV specialist over the next few days. He will perform a more detailed evaluation and advise if PEP should be continued. (He may well advise the risk is so slight that PEP is not warranted.)

You should review the information about proper condom technique in the archives, as condoms very seldom fail when used properly.

HIV and Kissing
Does this new article on HIV possible cure in future promising?