Confused on my situation. PEP? Please Help

Dr Bob-

I nicked some skin off my finger at work today, nothing huge, just like the size of a pimple. I had no clue I did it and I shook hands with someone who is in the same field as me. I noticed afterwards it was bleeding, and I know I did it right before i shook hands I just didnt really pay attention to it.

question- Lets just say he did the same thing as me, and we both have these cuts and lets say he has hiv, could I get it from him from shaking hands? The CDC says you cannot get hiv from shaking hands........does that include my situation?

Should I start PEP thanks dr

Alvin

Hello Alvin,

I heartily agree with the CDC. PEP is absolutely not warranted.

Need advice about possible HIV infection and testing
unprotected sex