Thank You Dr. Frascino- casual contact (CASUAL CONTACT, 2011)

I just wanted show my appreciation for you and this website. I recently found out my brother was hiv positive and previously asked you a question about whether or not me and my family were at risk by living with him. When he first told me, i was obsessed with the thought of whether or not we couldve been exposed. You never replied but thats ok. I know youre a busy man but i have been reading and researching alot on here and have found out that unless my brother bled directly on me or i had sex with him that i am not at risk. I will not be running out and getting an HIV test, I am in a monogamous relationship and do not do drugs so even though i lived with someone with HIV, i still am not at risk. The concerns that i had were if he bled then touched a doorhandle and we touched it later, or didnt wash his hands after using the bathroom or whatever he was doing... Those situations can happen out in public environments, malls, grocery stores, etc.. and i realized that if it was spread that way, a whole lot more people in this world would be infected with HIV. I see alot of people asking these types of questions and hopefully if this gets posted, it can help other people too. I will not be afraid to hug him, give him a kiss on the cheek, babysit my daughter, etc... etc... This website has educated me tremendously so now i can move on and help my brother to deal with his situation, instead of obsessing over mine.. I commend you and you are a great man for doing what you do! Thank you and god bless you!

Thanks for your thanks. I'm very pleased you found the information on this site and in the archives of this forum enlightening and reassuring. I agree with everything you said in your post regarding HIV not being transmitted via casual contact. I'll post a link below to one of many similar posts from the archives.

Give your brother a hug from me and you might suggest he check out this site as well. There is a wealth of information here for the positively charged!

Be well.

Please answer Dr. Bob (CASUAL CONTACT, 2010) Dec 10, 2010

Hey Doc, Can ya Pass This to the news Update People of this Site?
Stimulants & Window Period