Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hey Doc, Can ya Pass This to the news Update People of this Site?
Jun 3, 2011

Hey Doc,

Very impressed with the works you guys are doing on this website to raise awareness of HIV from all aspects of life. Came across this interesting article on the New York Magazine website. here's the link:

http://nymag.com/health/features/aids-cure-2011-6/

I don't know how to refer this to the people managing the News section on this website. I'm sure all the doctors will be familiar with this case already but this does offer a glimmer of hope for the layman who are affected by HIV be it themselves, their families or friends etc.

It may also raise some activities in the aspect of funding for researching a 'cure' for HIV instead of just researching for treatment.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Sure, I'll post the link. I've discussed Timothy Brown's case several times over the years. Before his actual identity was released he was referred to as "The Berlin Patient." I'll post a link below. I also discussed the case in my three-part blog "The Search for the Cure Heats Up," which can be found on The Body's blog page.

Thanks for forwarding the article.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Doctors in Berlin claim to have found a "cure" for HIV (BERLIN PATIENT, 2010) (TIMOTHY BROWN, THE BERLIN PATIENT, 2010) Dec 18, 2010

Previous
female
Next
Thank You Dr. Frascino- casual contact (CASUAL CONTACT, 2011)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.