Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

female
Jun 1, 2011

I love you story and your site.. I have falling in love with a man who is HIV poz. We ALWAYS practice safe sex with intercourse and if I am giving him oral sex.. but when it time for oral sex with me we dont use proctection... What are my chances that i have contracted the virus.. I really want to be apart of his life without contracting the virus.. Also, i would love to have some of the that toe curling, love making off the sex without contracting hiv.. please help...

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Congratulations on finding your Mr. Right and I applaud your acceptance of his positively charged status. Happily-ever-after-magnetic-coupling is becoming increasingly common. I would advise you and your virally enhanced stud muffin read through the chapter in the archives devoted to magnetic couples. You should find it reassuring. I would also recommend you consider adopting some of the harm-reduction strategies discussed there (having a starter dose of PEP handy, PrEP, etc.).

Regarding your specific question, oral sex carries a very low risk for acquiring/transmitting HIV. Cunnilingus, positive male with negative female, would have an extremely low HIV transmission risk, essentially negligible, without extenuating circumstances.

As for the toe-curling, own-name-forgetting, wake-the-neighbors nookie, all I can say is practice makes the perfect "O."

Be well. Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Inconclusive antibody and low viral load
Next
Hey Doc, Can ya Pass This to the news Update People of this Site?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.