female

I love you story and your site.. I have falling in love with a man who is HIV poz. We ALWAYS practice safe sex with intercourse and if I am giving him oral sex.. but when it time for oral sex with me we dont use proctection... What are my chances that i have contracted the virus.. I really want to be apart of his life without contracting the virus.. Also, i would love to have some of the that toe curling, love making off the sex without contracting hiv.. please help...

Congratulations on finding your Mr. Right and I applaud your acceptance of his positively charged status. Happily-ever-after-magnetic-coupling is becoming increasingly common. I would advise you and your virally enhanced stud muffin read through the chapter in the archives devoted to magnetic couples. You should find it reassuring. I would also recommend you consider adopting some of the harm-reduction strategies discussed there (having a starter dose of PEP handy, PrEP, etc.).

Regarding your specific question, oral sex carries a very low risk for acquiring/transmitting HIV. Cunnilingus, positive male with negative female, would have an extremely low HIV transmission risk, essentially negligible, without extenuating circumstances.

As for the toe-curling, own-name-forgetting, wake-the-neighbors nookie, all I can say is practice makes the perfect "O."

Be well. Good luck.

Inconclusive antibody and low viral load
Hey Doc, Can ya Pass This to the news Update People of this Site?