Lubrication and HIV Risk

Hello Doctor,

I had a one night stand with a guy that I've known for a while. I put the condom on him, put lubrication on his protected penis and then inserted lubrication into my anus using my finger. While I put my finger into my anus, I felt a cut on my anus. He then inserted his penis into my anus once. It was so painful that I stopped it after that one insertion.

What is my risk of having acquired HIV from this act? I fear that I may have had his precum on my finger from touching his penis earlier, and then perhaps exposed myself when I put the lube into my anus.

Exactly two days after this, I came down with a sore throat, ear infection and cough. The doctor said I have pneumonia and an ear that is "so infected it's gross." I am taking albuterol, clarithromycin and mucinex.

Luckily, the guy that I slept with said that he had gotten an HIV test a few months ago and tested negative, and always uses condoms. WebMD writes that the antibiotic that I'm on is very common for people with HIV. It also claimed that ear infections are rare, except for children and people with certain illnesses--especailly HIV.

I would be so appreciative of your comments, and will be sending a donation to your foundation.

Thank you in advance, Joe

Hi Joe,

The HIV-acquisition risk from the incident you describe is nonexistent. Your pneumonia and ear infection are completely unrelated to HIV/AIDS. Neither worry nor HIV-antibody testing is warranted.

The only thing I question in your post is the bedside manner of a physician who advises a patent his ear infection is "gross!"

Thank you for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well Joe.

I am poz and he is not
Sperm ejaculation on penis