Please help, quick question hopefully quick answer

Dear Dr Bob,

Ilive in Oman. Getting decent advice here on HIV is virtually impossible. I was in the hospital getting blood taken I was called in immediately after the guy in front of me so there would only have been about 30 seconds between us. The girl that took the blood did not change her gloves between the two of us and I felt really uncomfortable about it but at the time didn't say anything as I figured as long as she used a new needle it was pretty irrelevant.

Afterwards I couldn't quite the feeling of unease about it. I mean with me she handled the vials, took the needle off the syringe etc... all with these gloves on which meant she would have done the same with the previous guys.

So, my question really is this. Assuming that she had blood on her gloves from the previous patient is there any cause for concern if she touched the needle that went into my arm with this blood or if she touched my wound afterwards. I am just a little worried that if she touched the needle before it went into my arm and that had blood on it from the previous guy then this is a transmission route. Blood fron her hand, on the needle, put deep into my vein.

Is this possible? or a concern at all?

Please please answer, I have nobody here to ask and would appreciate an answer, the nurse didn't speak English so I can't ask her!. I wont go all nuts on you with a further million questions just want to know if am being overly paranoid.

Please help.

Your HIV-acquisition risk from getting blood drawn in the incident you describe is completely nonexistent. Are you being overly paranoid? Yep!

Thanks for not bombarding me with "a further million questions"!

Be well. Stop worrying.

A Very Scared Wife - A Loving Doctor - And Double my Donation! Please help my wife Dr. Bob.
Thank you and advice for people looking for advice.