late seroconversion, diabetic on insulin and extremely stressed.

Dr. Frascino, Thanks for answering my last question about HIV, i've had a 6 months test done on the wed 11th may 2011 and the result came back negative which was for both antibodies and antigens. The counsilor at the GUM clinic believes i dont have hiv and no more tests required but Dr i still believe i've cotracted the virus and because of being diabetic and taking pain killers and Amitrityline which i'm taking for sleep and pain for the last six months i believe it is delaying the body to produce antibodies. please recommend me some other kind of test for 100% peace of mind because i'm still going through muscle and joint pains and this joint pain which is all over my body knees,fingers and back and it is growing with time. muscle pain is mostly in my legs and arms. i am a total wreck and no hope left of recovery at least if i diagnosed now could get treatment to recover and go back to work. i'll really appreciate some kind of advice as i cant get cd4 or viral load test from GUM clinic and at the moment cant afford a private test.Thanks for your time, i hope God give you long life and health! you are really a great person.

"Believing" you have contracted HIV and actually having contracted the virus are two very different things.

I haven't changed my assessment or my advice since your last post. See link below. "There is no indication you are HIV positive." In fact now that you've had a negative six-month HIV-antibody test, the evidence is now overwhelming and irrefutable that you are not HIV infected. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV testing is warranted. In particular I absolutely agree with the folks at the GUM clinic: a CD4 count and HIV viral load are not warranted. Being diabetic and using insulin and amitryptaline does not affect seroconversion time. Antiretroviral therapy is contraindicated.

Your problem is not HIV but rather fear of HIV. I once again urge you to seek treatment for your anxiety and your irrational fears. Your problem is psychological, not virological!

late seroconversion, diabetic on insulin and extremely stressed. Mar 29, 2011

2 months isolating myself pls help
Sores on pubic region and upper thigh