Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

late seroconversion, diabetic on insulin and extremely stressed.
Jun 1, 2011

Dr. Frascino, Thanks for answering my last question about HIV, i've had a 6 months test done on the wed 11th may 2011 and the result came back negative which was for both antibodies and antigens. The counsilor at the GUM clinic believes i dont have hiv and no more tests required but Dr i still believe i've cotracted the virus and because of being diabetic and taking pain killers and Amitrityline which i'm taking for sleep and pain for the last six months i believe it is delaying the body to produce antibodies. please recommend me some other kind of test for 100% peace of mind because i'm still going through muscle and joint pains and this joint pain which is all over my body knees,fingers and back and it is growing with time. muscle pain is mostly in my legs and arms. i am a total wreck and no hope left of recovery at least if i diagnosed now could get treatment to recover and go back to work. i'll really appreciate some kind of advice as i cant get cd4 or viral load test from GUM clinic and at the moment cant afford a private test.Thanks for your time, i hope God give you long life and health! you are really a great person.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

"Believing" you have contracted HIV and actually having contracted the virus are two very different things.

I haven't changed my assessment or my advice since your last post. See link below. "There is no indication you are HIV positive." In fact now that you've had a negative six-month HIV-antibody test, the evidence is now overwhelming and irrefutable that you are not HIV infected. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV testing is warranted. In particular I absolutely agree with the folks at the GUM clinic: a CD4 count and HIV viral load are not warranted. Being diabetic and using insulin and amitryptaline does not affect seroconversion time. Antiretroviral therapy is contraindicated.

Your problem is not HIV but rather fear of HIV. I once again urge you to seek treatment for your anxiety and your irrational fears. Your problem is psychological, not virological!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

late seroconversion, diabetic on insulin and extremely stressed. Mar 29, 2011

Previous
2 months isolating myself pls help
Next
Sores on pubic region and upper thigh

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.