seronegative

thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Q199660.html

JUst came across this above link. If this person had emailed you, and said she had persistent oral thrush, but had negative multiple antibodies tests, I'm spetty sure your advice would have been along the lines of "hiv is not your problem, no way no how. Seek help for your irrational fears. Stop worrying, start woo Hoo ing"

LIkewise, with other seronegative patients. IT appears to me that it is not as straight forward as a negative hiv antibody test outside of the "window period" equals hiv negative. The huge percentage maybe, but not all. I am pretty sure through the years of you answering queries, you will have had queries of seroconversion after 3 or even 6 months, or seronegative patients test positive with pcr tests.

I think with your extensive knowledge on the subject, you must be aware of such things, hence you should not really tell people to stop testing if they have symptoms such as persistent oral thrush based on negative antibodies testing outside of window period.

Doubt this will get posted, just like i am sure you would not post a delayed serocoversion or seronegative case

Hello Little Ms. Smarty Pants,

Thanks so much for writing in and advising me how to do my job. Remind me again what medical school did you go to and when did you receive your post-doctoral certification as a clinical immunologist and HIV specialist. And oh yes, exactly how many HIV/AIDS patients have you personally cared for over the past three decades????

Why would you think I would not publish your paranoid rant? And why would I not post a question or information about delayed seroconversion or a seronegative case??? I'm not here to hide information. Frevinsakes! I'm here to provide scientifically sound information.

By the way the case you reference I did address and post. My response is readily available in the archives. I'll post the link below. So I guess that kind of blows your paranoid theory about me not posting these types of extremely rare cases, eh? I have not changed my assessment of this extremely rare case. Nor do I intend to change my modus operandi of providing all questioners with scientific fact and the best medical advice we have to offer.

Regarding the case you reference, I agree with the authors of the report that the most likely cause for this unfortunate woman's rapid demise was infection with a particularly virulent HIV variant, leading to rapid immune-compromise and failure to seroconvert. Her chronic alcoholism most likely contributed to her rapid immune failure.

Finally, if you distrust my experience, knowledge or advice, please feel free not to sign onto the forum. You won't be missed!

Fatal HIV Encephalitis in HIV-Seronegative Patients Feb 25, 2009

do i still need pyschiatrist or is that conclussive?
Can't find a situation like this one I"LL DONATE!!!!