Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Having spots, sore in the penis and throat after receiving oral sex
May 26, 2011

I received unprotected oral sex from a prostitute 12 days ago. The contact was less than a minute and I ejaculated is her mouth. She through me away suddenly. After two days I felt sore in throat and penis. Then a spot of about one centimeter appeared on my face with subsequent appearing and dis-appearing of spots on both hands. These symptoms are still there after 12 days. Some white spot also appeared on edge of my tongue. I am very much afraid of STDs transmission. I had already hepatitis B+. I am 48 years old and was the only sex act that I ever had in my life except my wife. I need your advise. What kind of tests you advise? I shall also donate 50$ for the this organization for doing wonderful job. Roberto

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello, Roberto.

Unfortunately I cannot diagnose the cause of spots (or rashes) over the Internet. Your symptoms are not consistent with HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS). The HIV-acquisition risk from unprotected insertive oral sex is very low. I would suggest you see your doctor or visit your local health clinic. They will examine your "spots" and run a routine STD screen. If you remain concerned about HIV, you'll need to wait until the three-month mark for a conclusive HIV-antibody test result. However, as I mentioned your HIV risk was very low.

Thank you for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will forever be HIV free!

Good luck! Be well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Missing ARV Dose
Next
Scary messages don't work

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.