Still haven't taken the test -- 8 months and counting

Hello Dr Bob! I'm one of your regular fluffernutters (although I don't think I'm a fluffernutter, but I know I fit the profile of one!)

So I began having symptoms in September, of which I've listed many times, the newest being the severe eye floaters. When I last wrote in, I was very concerned about CMV retinitis and losing my vision.

The floaters started in January, I do recall seeing one on rare ocassions in December, but the problem escalated the following month, with numerous floaters in BOTH eyes.

When I last wrote in I told you I was going to get tested and you gave me good luck karma and told me you were sure it would be negative, since I was tested before using oral fluid.

Well, I still haven't gotten tested. I was suppose to write in and give you my results, but since I don't have them, I thought I'd just check in and ask a few questions.

I read that CMV retinitis results in blindness in two to six months. I'm approaching the six month mark, I think. I'm assuming that the time frame given is just an estimate. Could it take considerably longer to become blind once the floaters begin? I go to sleep every night wondering if when I wake I will be blind. I've read some posts on here where that happened. Could this drag on for a year or more?

Dr Bob trust me, I've tried to put this behind me without getting tested, but the floaters are constant and so are the mouth sores, so it makes it hard to not think about it! On the up side I've gained a few pounds, though everyone continues to ask me if I'm ill because I am so thin and my skin is a mess.

I know you think I'm negative, but Dr Bob, for the sake of my question, let's assume its possible I'm positive, how long before CMV retinitis destroys my eyes if I began having symptoms in January? I've read that sometimes people don't have symptoms in the beginning, so maybe it was reactivated even prior to then. Also, would I begin experiencing other symptoms? Or could floaters be the only symptom present until blindness? I've read as much as I can on the subject, but no one is really that specific. Someone stated he had "vision problems" and found it was CMV retinitis. It's all so confusing to me as I try to work out how long I have. I try to imagine how many CD4 cells are left. I could have only a few right now. I've read of people who didn't get sick until they had only ONE. I imagine that this is me, small things happening all at once and then BAM, on death's door.

Thank you so much for always taking the time to respond to me. I know you think I'm crazy! but I'm genuinely stuck in this hell and unable to move forward.

Hello, Fluffernutter who doesn't think he's a fluffernutter.

No, I will not assume you're positive anymore than I'll assume you're the illegitimate love child of Lady Gaga and Dick Cheney. I'm a scientist not a science-fiction writer! I deal in fact not fantasy.

You don't have CMV. You don't have HIV. You are not "BAM! on death's door." (You're becoming such a drama queen, frevinsakes!).

If you don't believe me, get tested. It really is just that straightforward.

Blood Donation Question
May need PEP please respond