HIV , The Window Period and IVF

Last January 2010 myself and my wife both tested negative for HIV so we proceeded with IVF treatment which was successful(my daughter is 6 months old). I gave my sperm about 1 month after the test. Last month I tested positive (cd4 1, viral load 1,560,000) and my wife negative. I am currently on Truvada and Stocrin. If I became HIV positive during the period of the negative test and giving my sperm, is it possible the child could be infected and not the mother? Is it normal to have such a low cd4 count in such a short period ie a year or so?

1. If you did not infect your wife (the mother), you could not have infected your daughter. (The mom would have to be HIV positive to pass the infection on to her child.)

2. Yes, it is unusual to see such profound immunodeficiency over such a short period of time. Rapid HIV progression can be seen in rare cases involving defective host immune integrity, virulent strains of the virus and/or with certain concurrent infections. I would advise checking with your HIV specialist. He may want to repeat certain tests to rule out laboratory or clerical errors in addition to running additional tests for opportunistic infections, resistance tests, etc. It's also worth noting that if indeed your CD4 counts are very low you should be started immediately on prophylaxis for certain opportunistic diseases.

blood outside condom and i was the bottom
Good day Dr. Frascino