Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

unproctect anal sex for 5 seconds
May 24, 2011

Dear Doctor, I have been reading through your answers to the questions people ask here, thank you for doing such a wonderful job! It shows so much compassion and love. I will check out your fundation as well.

After reading all those questions, I am getting nervous about one episode happened 2 years ago: All my life( I am 29), I have 9 times anal sex( 4 times I was bottom, 5 times I was a top). All of them used condoms and were protected. Except this one eposide-it was Nov, 2009 I had anal sex ( I was the top, the insertive) with this asian guy, we used the condom. After 5 minutes,I wanted to finish anal sex( we have not cummed yet) and cum just jerking off each other, so I pull it out and took the condom off. But then I was stupidly enough to put it in again to stay inside for 5 seconds( if not shorter), I only penetrated like once or twice, then I took it out completely.

I am scared now after reading all those questions, I did not know this guy very well, although he said he is clean( and we used the condom for almost the whole time and we did not cum during anal sex) so I thought it was ok. But now looks like there are many peope lying about their status. It has been almost 2 years from this episode. From what I have described, was I at high risk of be effected in those 5 seconds?

Thank you so much for your time and I hope to hear from you!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Unprotected insertive anal sex does place you at some degree of risk for HIV acquisition. Five seconds obviously is a very brief exposure, but it's an exposure nonetheless. I wouldn't consider you at "high risk," but I would suggest you obtain a single HIV-antibody test. Rapid tests will provide a result in just a few minutes. The statistical odds are all in your favor, and I feel the time, energy and cost involved with getting tested will be worth the psychological peace of mind.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Grinding while being naked (PEP needed?) Ugently need reply
Next
very worried! can you catch HIV from...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.