Grinding while being naked (PEP needed?) Ugently need reply

Dr Bob, I am very worried because I was naked with a sex worker and although there was no proper sex of any kind (She just masturbated me) and I lightly touched her anus (she did that too) and then proceeded to masturbate myself because she didn't make me cum. What is making me so worried is that a couple times she did grind me rubbed her vagina agains my penis. Although I specifically tried not to penetrated there was contact between our genitals. I am not sure if the tip of my penis could have had contact with vaginal fluids and the outside of her vagina. Maybe during the grinding the tip of my penis could have went in for a couple seconds (just the tip)and accidentally, I am not sure and don't think that happened but am putting my self in the worst case scenario. However I suppose it is possible that my urethra came in contact with the outside of her pussy (vulva, lips, etc. It was not a too rough grind either. At some point she tried to make me penetrate her as she was on top but I wouldn't let her. For sure there was no vaginal sex per se by any means, nor oral sex (just body licking). There is no way she could have gotten pregnant by this activity either. The scary part is the frottage/grinding that took place. How risky would you consider this and would you consider PEP to be required? If I am going to take pep I'm running out of time. Please assess my risk and tell me if PEP is warranted. PD: I suppose this is what is known as grinding but am not 100% sure if it is the correct term. She also mentioned her son had something called I think "Citalomegavirus" or something like that and that is why she was working as a prostitute, to pay for his medical care. I dont know if this is relevant but tell you anyway. Please don't delay too much in answering since I'm very worried and dont know if I should get PEP. Thank you.

Grinding question again (with comparative post) (Submitted May 23, 2011) Doc, I just posted a question about being grinded and I would like to know who it differed from the following post I saw on the archives. I was drunk too and also fell asleep, but was conscious during the whole experience and only fell asleep after the "affair". The sex worker was still there and she did not steal anything (although she could have done it). This is the post i just read that made me even more freaked out: What Happens in Vegas stays in Vegas I hope!!!! Dec 13, 2010

Hello Dr.Frascino, Let me say that after discovering this web site I must say you and your colleagues are obviously very passionate and committed and on behalf of everyone here in need of some advice and perspective...Thank You sir. Im contacting you because I had a very bad experience, I was extremely inebriated in the wee hours at a rather seedy casino bar off the strip (yes I know,mistake #1, I actually was staying at a famous 5 star , but I ended up on the wrong side of the tracks for the filming of a television show earlier in the evening and I ended up staying for some drinks after it wrapped). I definitely had a target on my back as I was wearing high end clothing and jewellery and must have seemed wealthy looking compared to the local barflies that were hanging around. I really don't recall what exactly happened however I am convinced I was drugged by a pair of locals that I ended up befriending at the bar. I say that because I recall hallucinating and having blackouts during the next few hours. My fear is that I was exposed to body fluids during some sex with a prostitute. I recall having sex with a latino prostitute in a hotel room and I was lying on my back, It was dark and I recall she was on top and very rough and grinding my pubic bone , I estimate this lasted maybe 10 minutes, but I actually don't know . I didn't want this to continue and I wanted her off of me and I pushed her off and stood up, I recall a condom was somewhat halfway up my penis and I grabbed the end and pulled it off. There were definitely secretions all over the base of my penis. She grabbed at me and very vigorously started giving me a hand job with the secretions likely rubbing into my penis. Again she was very rough and I stopped her again after 5 minutes or so because it was painful the amount of force she was using. I recollect I tried to get rid of her and I blacked out and woke up an hour or so later robbed of my jewellery and cash. I immediately went to the shower and washed all over very well with soap however, the real fear is stemming from the fact that I do get psoriasis from time to time, and I happened to have an outbreak around my head and corona I also had some mild friction abrasions around the base or my penis/pubic area from the grinding. I flew back to the east coast the next evening and after I finished work I went to the free clinic to be checked out. As you know they informed me there are no tests for STDs that are accurate immediately after an incident, however they took my information and informed me I could be at risk for being exposed to virtually all of the STDs and I should also think about getting PEP. They arranged for me to go to the hospital for assessment. There I encountered a nurse to whom I told the story, she told me that it was probably fairly low risk but it was ultimately up to me if I wanted to start PEP. I was informed of the cost and the possible side effects and they gave me the first dose of Truvada and Kalestra at 60 hrs post occurrence. they told me to continue every 12hrs for 28 days and testing is arranged for 6 weeks and 3 and 6 months respectively. It is now day 5 on PEP and I am having body rashes and nausea and loose stools, I assume this is from the pills. Im so afraid of a possible exposure that I don't want to discontinue the PEP. My questions to you are ...

1) What is your opinion on the level of exposure ? and 2) In your opinion would you say that PEP is warranted in my situation?

Thank you so much, you are providing a great service.

Response from Dr. Frascino Hello,

Yours is an alarming and far-too-common Vegas story. Unfortunately, because the details of your walk on the wild side with the rough-riding (and tugging) Latina hooker are somewhat clouded by your inebriated (and perhaps drugged) state, it is difficult for me to provide an accurate assessment of your HIV-acquisition risk. On the upside, you did use a condom and even though it slipped a bit, the business end of your tallywhacker remained ensconced in his latex rain slicker. On the downside, you report Bouncing Betty at the Badda Bing was anything but gentle when riding your trouser snake or tugging on him. Plus, you had vaginal secretions on the base of your Mr. Happy, which Bouncing Betty used to aggressively yank your crank. Plus, you had a psoriasis outbreak around your "head and corona" and "friction abrasions around the base of (your) penis."

While I agree with the assessment you received at the hospital, "fairly low risk," your exposure was not a "no risk" situation. If Bouncing Betty was positively charged and if her vaginal fluids came into contact with non-intact skin on your home entertainment center, there would be at least a theoretical risk for HIV transmission.

To address your specific concerns:

1. Low, but not no risk.

2. PEP should be offered for this level of exposure, particularly considering the extenuating circumstances: seedy casino, seedier hooker, local trauma from the rough ride and the psoriasis outbreak.

I recommend anyone who has an HIV exposure significant enough to warrant a course of PEP be followed by an HIV specialist during the 28-day course of treatment. That physician can help with PEP-related side effects and other aspects of the treatment. See below.

Good luck. Hopefully what happened in Vegas will indeed stay in Vegas.

My original recent post title contained the word "grinding and PEP" I didn't save it. I'd appreciate if you paste it should you decide to answer, which I really hope you do. I've seen other posts where you state grinding is an assentially non existent risk, but when I read this one it freaked me out. Thank you.

Grinding/frottage is not considered a risk for HIV acquisition. PEP is not warranted.

Your situation is quite different from the post in the archives you reference. The dude in that post was drugged (and robbed) and actually had penetrative sex. He also had psoriasis and sustained "friction abrasions around the base of his penis." Your experience had none of these risks.

Missed PEP Dose
unproctect anal sex for 5 seconds