Missed PEP Dose

Dear Doc,

Two weeks ago I had protected (vaginal only) sex with a sex worker in Thailand. Was worried about possible HIV exposure and opted to take PEP.

Currently at two weeks into my treatment I feel asleep before taking my evening dose and and woke up with 4hrs to go for my next scheduled dose. I decided to wait and just take my next scheduled dose.

My question is whether this seriously compromises the treatment and if I should simply stop (although I don't appear to have any severe side effects).

Additionally, it just happens so that on the day that I missed the treatment I developed a mild sore throat - could this be ARS related? (no rash fever etc)

Thanks in advance.

PEP is not warranted for "protected sex." I'd encourage you to discontinue it.

If PEP were warranted, missing a single dose would not compromise your treatment. Your decision to wait the four hours until your next scheduled dose was correct. (You shouldn't take two doses within a short period of time.)

Very worried Irish man!!
Grinding while being naked (PEP needed?) Ugently need reply