about you

Dear dr bob, a different kind of question,

i am currently negative follwoing a 7 week test and waiting for the three month to do one more test following oral and rimming but this isnt about me I would like to know about you if you don't mind. You have been living with this monster for a very long time, what is it like for you? How do you cope each day knowing you are chained to this monster raging your body and having to take toxic pills to try and quiet the beast, has this signigfiantly changed who you used to be as an individual?

Yes, HIV and I "celebrated" our 20-year anniversary together in January. Coexisting with a virus that wants nothing more than to plant me six feet under can be challenging. And taking fistfuls of antiretrovirals each and every day is no picnic. However, you'll never hear me complaining, because despite HIV, I'm enjoying every nanosecond of my wild and wonderful life on this whacky planet.

Has HIV changed me? Yes, it has both physically and, most likely, psychologically as well. But I still consider myself one of the luckiest people on the planet. Steve (Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum and my lawfully wedded spouse!) and I have the type of relationship most other folks only dream of. My life remains full of meaning, commitment, passion and wonderment. I've discussed being positive about being positive previously in this forum. I'll post below a link to some of what you can read about in the archives and in my blog for this site.

Good luck on your upcoming HIV tests!

Your thoughts (BEING POSITIVE ABOUT BEING POSITIVE, 2011) Jan 4, 2011

HEY DR BOB -- US SURFER DUDES JUST DONATED YOU YOUR FOUNDATION AND WE FEEL GOOD !!
Could I have become infected with HIV?